Like most people my schedule becomes busy at times. I know how difficult it can be when you want to make a healthy meal but have limited time to prepare for dinner. When I’m limited on time, I reach for pasta! Rasta Pasta is one of my favorite meals. You get the deliciousness and health all in one. This meal will also full you up!
· 1 box of penne pasta (half for a small family)
·About 1 cup of Mexican style cheese
· 1 tablespoon jerk or veggie blend herb seasoning
· 1-2 cups coconut milk or almond milk
·Red and green peppers sliced
· 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
· 1 zucchini chop
· 1 clove garlic
· 3 tablespoons grape seed or olive oil
·1/4 teaspoon sea salt
·1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook pasta, turn flame off under your pot, drain your pasta, keep pasta in your pot
2. Heat a pan (low heat)
3. Add oil to the pan. Once a little hot add the garlic. Cook the garlic for a minute then add the peppers, zucchini and mushrooms. Stir then add black pepper and the jerk or veggie blend herb seasoning. Let that cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Turn the flame under your pasta on low
5. Add the peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, garlic mix, coconut milk and cheese to your pasta and mix well. You will then see a sauce forming. Let the sauce thin out a little. If sauce still thick, just add a little more milk!
6. Mix well and serve. Enjoy!!!